Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Residential Carbon Monoxide Detector Solutions
Home Air Sterilization for HVACs
A Home CO Detector is Extremely Important
Not too long ago, carbon monoxide detectors were only for people who had sophisticated alarm systems in their homes. Today, almost every family is aware of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning and have at least one CO detector in their home. The smartest families have CO detectors installed on every level of their home, including one next to their heating equipment. This is the safest way to protect your family from deadly carbon monoxide poisoning.
Our CO detector experts can help you identify the best air quality solutions for your property. Contact us today for more information.
We Can Help You Protect Your Family From the
Dangers of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Carbon monoxide gas (CO) is an odorless, colorless, and hazardous gas that claims hundreds of lives a year. CO is a byproduct of burning carbon fuel like the natural gas in your range and the fuel in your vehicle. Even small doses of carbon monoxide can cause long-term damage or death.
What is carbon monoxide gas?
Carbon monoxide is made from one part carbon and one part oxygen. Carbon monoxide gas originates from incompletely burnt carbon fuel like wood, fuel, coal, propane, natural gas, gas, and heating oil.
When burned in an open area with plenty of ventilation, these energy sources aren’t hazardous. Carbon monoxide is harmful only in a confined area like a basement, cooking area, garage, or camper.
Why is carbon monoxide dangerous?
Carbon monoxide gas is deadly due to the fact that it’s so difficult to detect without a carbon monoxide gas sensor. Once it enters your lungs, it binds with your red blood cells and starves your body of oxygen.
Common symptoms of carbon monoxide gas poisoning include extreme headache, queasiness, throwing up, dizziness, tiredness, and weakness. Disorientation and unconsciousness can happen when CO reaches levels of 150 ppm or parts per million.
Possibly most unpleasant is that prior to signs turn deadly, they may look like cold or flu symptoms like shortness of breath, nausea, or mild headaches. Carbon monoxide is the second-leading reason for poisoning in the US with the greatest danger in the states of Wyoming, Alaska, and Montana.
How do you find carbon monoxide?
Carbon monoxide detectors are the fastest method to avoid carbon monoxide gas poisoning. They work similar to your fire or smoke detector by sounding an alarm when they detect carbon monoxide.
How do carbon monoxide gas detectors work?
Carbon monoxide gas detectors sound an alarm when they notice a certain amount of carbon monoxide gas in the air gradually. Various sensors triggered various kinds of signals.
Biomimetic sensing unit: a gel modifications color when it takes in carbon monoxide gas, and this color change sets off the alarm.
Metal oxide semiconductor: When the silica chip’s circuitry finds carbon monoxide, it reduces the electrical resistance, and this change activates the alarm.
Electrochemical sensing unit: Electrodes immersed in a chemical solution sense changes in electrical currents when they enter contact with carbon monoxide gas, and this modification triggers the alarm.
As soon as the alarm sounds, the carbon monoxide detector should remain in a carbon monoxide-free environment to reset itself.
When will my carbon monoxide detector go off?
The CO alarm will sound if your sensing unit detects a high buildup of carbon monoxide in your house. The majority of people begin to feel the effects of carbon monoxide at 50 ppm, so make sure your detector can sense a quantity of 50 ppm or less.
Carbon monoxide poisoning is a major risk, however luckily, it’s extremely preventable. If you are interested in setting up a CO detection system in your house, then call us today.
- Indoor Air Quality Services
- Air Scrubbers
- Beavercreek Air Scrubber
- Beaverton Air Scrubber
- Boring Air Scrubber
- Canby Air Scrubber
- Clackamas Air Scrubber
- Corbett Air Scrubber
- Cornelius Air Scrubber
- Damascus Air Scrubber
- Durham Air Scrubber
- Fairview Air Scrubber
- Garden Home Air Scrubber
- Gladstone Air Scrubber
- Gresham Air Scrubber
- Happy Valley Air Scrubber
- Hillsboro Air Scrubber
- Lake Oswego Air Scrubber
- Marylhurst Air Scrubber
- Milwaukie Air Scrubber
- Oak Grove Air Scrubber
- Oregon City Air Scrubber
- Portland Air Scrubber
- Raleigh Hills Air Scrubber
- Sherwood Air Scrubber
- St. Johns Air Scrubber
- Stafford Air Scrubber
- Sunnyside Air Scrubber
- Tigard Air Scrubber
- Troutdale Air Scrubber
- Tualatin Air Scrubber
- West Haven-Sylvan Air Scrubber
- West Linn Air Scrubber
- West Slope Air Scrubber
- Wilsonville Air Scrubber
- Wood Village Air Scrubber
- Air Sterilization
- The Importance of Furnace Filters
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors
The main priority of our HVAC contractors is providing our customers with comfort, efficiency, and excellent service.
We can repair your system right away or add value and comfort to your home with one of our professionally installed systems.
Want to know more? Then read what some of our amazing customers had to say about us. Or leave a review yourself.
We guarantee that all the work performed by the techs at Efficiency Heating & Cooling will leave you feeling 100% satisfied.
Areas We Service
Click on the area below to see what your neighbors are saying about their recent experiences with our company.
Address: 4040 SE International Way
STE E105 Milwaukie, OR 97222
Hours: Mon - Fri: 7AM - 6PM
Sat - Sun: by Appointment