HVAC Info & FAQs
& Common Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you tell me about furnace repair?
Efficiency Heating & Cooling is a trusted Portland HVAC company. We service both oil and gas furnaces (while also performing oil to gas conversions)… Read More
- How do I prepare my heating system for winter?
Don’t wait until the first cold snap in Portland hits to make sure your furnace or heating system is ready for winter. Regular furnace maintenance along with periodic… Read More
- How can I troubleshoot air conditioning issues?
It’s that time of year… our weather is hot and you want your home cool. Normally your home air conditioning system handles things without a hiccup, but… Read More
- Should I repair or replace my air conditioning?
If there’s an exception to the old “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” rule, it has to do with air conditioners. The EPA recommends you consider… Read More
- What is a smart alternative to an air conditioner?
Heat pumps look and function the same as air conditioners for cooling, but in cool months when heat is called for they reverse operation to provide warmth… Read More
- When would I need ductless HVAC?
Do you have a living space that isn’t connected to the main ducting in your home? Or maybe an office or garage that doesn’t have ducting? Window… Read More
- What are some HVAC maintenance tips?
Did you know that a lack of maintenance can cost you on utility bills? Skipping maintenance can also lead to premature equipment failure. In addition to efficiency… Read More
Indoor Air Quality
- What is an Electronic Air Cleaner?
There are different ways to measure the effectiveness of electronic air cleaners, one way is with a minimum efficiency reporting value (MERV) rating. This measures how effective… Read More
- Is Efficiency Heating & Cooling an authorized Bryant dealer?
Efficiency Heating & Cooling is a company dedicated to providing the best for our customers. We know you hear these types of statements often, but with our… Read More
- Do I need a new thermostat replacement?
Of all the different ways you can upgrade your HVAC system in Portland, replacing your thermostat is one of the easiest and least expensive. In most cases… Read More
- General Information
- Heating & Cooling Systems
- Indoor Air Quality
- System Support & Accessories
- Energy Efficiency
- Related Health & Safety Issues
Contact Us Right Now!
Call 503.698.5588 or Fill Out Our Online Form
Address: 4040 SE International Way
STE E105 Milwaukie, OR 97222
Hours: Mon – Fri: 7AM – 6PM
Sat – Sun: by Appointment