How to Repair a Boiler Furnace
How to fix a boiler heater?
The boiler furnace does not require repair that often. And with a few maintenance points in mind, you might face issues very rarely, indeed.
When you know the working and the system of the boiler furnace you are always in luck when issues arise. So, let us briefly take a look at that.
Working of a Boiler Furnace
A boiler furnace has a boiler that only heats the water. The water is not boiled. Then, there are different pipes or a network. This network of pipes is spread across the rooms. The water is distributed.
The radiators are then used to heat the house or the rooms.
You have controls through which you can set the temperature as well as the pressure.
Problems You Can Face
- No Heat: In case you notice that there is no heat being produced, the first thing you can check is the thermostat. Raise it for heat. You should also see the switch. Check the fuse. See the circuit breakers. Lastly, see that the water level is fine.
- Low Heat: Maybe you are unable to get enough heat. In this case, take a look at the combination gauge and then you can check the expansion tank. Sometimes there is a leakage in the pipe system. To identify this issue, you can flush your boiler. In case of leakage, you can try to be handy yourself.
- Selective Heat: Sometimes only a few of the radiators heat up. In this case, you can let the airflow out from your cool units. But do not try to repair the circulator by yourself. You can call us for this repair. Or call other professionals.
- Noise: Loud noises from the unit will require a professional to check the unit.
Some Tips for Troubleshooting:
Unwanted power off in the boiler furnace:
- Try switching off the power to your unit.
- You can pull the tray out from the boiler.
- The filling key can be removed and transferred to the keyholder.
- Unlock the key.
- Your manifold nut might require a wrench. Turn the nut in an anticlockwise direction.
- The pressure gauge can be checked. When it is on the 1.5 bars, you can turn the nut.
- Do not tolerate too much pressure. High pressure can be fixed by releasing the knob on the radiator.
- Lock the key.
- Put the filling key back in the tray.
- Power on the boiler furnace.
Water level check:
- In case you checked the water level and it needs to be added, follow these steps:
- Switch off the boiler furnace.
- The filling hoes must be accurately fit.
- Open the valves to fill the water with the help of a screwdriver.
- You can close the valve when the pressure gets to 1 bar.
- Switch the boiler furnace back on.
No heat from the radiators:
- Give the boiler furnace a rest by switching off its power for a while.
- Let all the air out.
- Remove the covers from the lockshield valve. Open the valves completely. You will need to turn them in the anticlockwise direction.
- Count the number of radiators in the house.
- After that when you are ready you can switch the power back up to the unit. You will need to check the order of the radiators heating up.
- When you have each step successfully noted down, you should turn off the heat again.
- Wait until the unit successfully cools down.
- Switch the unit back on and then check the first radiator. That is the radiator that heats up first.
- Close the lockshield valve completely.
- Open the valve again but only turn it to 25 percent.
- After the radiator heats up completely, you should note down the temperature of the pipe that leads to one valve.
- You will need to take the temperature of the pipes to the other valves.
- The difference in the temperature in all the pipes leading to the valves must be 12 degrees Celsius.
- This process is to be repeated unless the entire unit has a balance.
- This might be time taking and even confusing. So we urge you to contact us for the repair. We can also let you know the estimate of the amount that you might need to spend in case of dysfunction.
Leakage is often only caused when there is a need for replacement for any of the interior units. Contact us for more details.
Fixing the boiler pressure:
Usually, the reason for low pressure in the boiler is the leakage in the system. Call us for more details.
Most of the boiler issues can be easily avoided if there has been no lack in the maintenance of the boiler furnace. You can do certain things at intervals to keep the issues at bay.
- Check for leakage every day. Do not neglect any leakage.
- Make sure the temperatures are always correct.
- Do not forget to note down the errors.
- Do not ignore noises that are not supposed to be there.
- The piping must be checked for leaks every month.
- Check all the gauges connections every once in a while.
- The flame of the burner should not look different from usual. In case it does, contact us.
- Take care of the PH levels of the water.
- The heat exchanger must be cleaned every year.
- Check all the wiring.
- The filter should be changed every once in a while.
- You can contact us for professional support and maintenance for your burner furnace.
Even though the troubleshooting tips are handy, we can take care of your boiler furnace for long term solutions. As we mentioned earlier, a boiler furnace does not require much repairing too often. But when it does, it should be appropriately taken care of.
No matter what the issue is with your boiler furnace, you do not need to fret about it. We have you covered when it comes to all your furnace repairs. You can contact us for suggestions and estimations and also for getting your furnace fixed for the long term.
The Primary Services Provided By Our Local HVAC Company
The main priority of our HVAC contractors is providing our customers with comfort, efficiency, and excellent service.
We can repair your system right away or add value and comfort to your home with one of our professionally installed systems.
Want to know more? Then read what some of our amazing customers had to say about us. Or leave a review yourself.
We guarantee that all the work performed by the techs at Efficiency Heating & Cooling will leave you feeling 100% satisfied.
Areas We Service
Click on the area below to see what your neighbors are saying about their recent experiences with our company.
Address: 4040 SE International Way
STE E105 Milwaukie, OR 97222
Hours: Mon - Fri: 7AM - 6PM
Sat - Sun: by Appointment